Race Bikes

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

About Me

My name is Isaac Neff. I live with my girlfriend, Megan, in Madison Wisconsin. Originally from Goshen Indiana, I moved to Madison about 5 years ago. I am currently the store manager at Motorless Motion Bicycles, a newly opened (July 2014) bike shop. I have worked at bike shops since I was a kid, over 15 years, and love just about everything to do with bicycles!

I am also an avid racer and hold a professional mountain bike license and race a ton of cyclocross in the fall. I just got back from the Cyclocross National Championships in Austin TX where I finished 2nd in the single speed race. The Elite race was a bit of a mess (in more then one way) and I had a rough ride, finally rolling across the line in 28th, not what I had hoped for!
I’m already motivated to make 2015 my best season yet racing. I’m very pleased to be back riding for the 5Nines/Motorless Motion/Cannondale team and to be racing Cannondale bikes again!

Single speed podium at CX Nationals 

Outside of bikes I love to spend time with my awesome girlfriend. Although we both spend a lot of time working and training, when we have free time, we like cooking, traveling and generally spending time outside.

Megan and I in Colorado this summer.


Because this is a blog about bikes, here are some shots of a couple of my bikes from this season. I will post more about my 2015 bikes in the future. 

Cannondale SuperSix EVO. 
Seen here in "training mode", I didn't log many race miles on the EVO this year, but lots of training hours. Awesome bike, fast, light, smooth and responsive. Shown here with a pair of H Plus Son Archtype rims laced to a Power Tap hub. 

Cannondale SuperX Hi-Mod. 
Now these saw a lot of racing! Couldn't be happier with my set-up this year. Zipp 303 wheels and SRAM hydro disc/CX1 components. One of the best CX race bikes around. 

Cannondale Scalpel 
Finally a full suspension bike I feel fast on! Sad to see this one go, but happy to be on the same bike in 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment